MultiChoice invites eligible applicants to apply for the MultiChoice Talent Factory film skills development programme. The MTF Academy offers eligible applicants passionate about telling their stories a unique opportunity to improve their skills and ultimately contribute to the growth of the local and pan-African film and broadcasting industries.
The MTF Academy initiative will operate in Lagos, Federal Republic of Nigeria; Nairobi, Republic of Kenya and Lusaka, the Republic of Zambia, for 12 months, with a production break to be determined by MultiChoice at its sole discretion.
Company/Organisation(s): MultiChoice, Africa
Program Type: Training Program
Program Location: Nigeria, Nairobi, Zambia, Kenya and Lusaka
Program Duration: 12 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Post-Secondary Qualification
Multichoice Talent Factory Film Academy 2022 | What to Expect
The Multichoice Talent Factory is an Africa-wide, multi-tiered training and experiential learning programme by MultiChoice Africa. It is designed to provide the African creative industry with a platform to learn, develop talent, engage and connect through shared passions.
In May 2022, on the occasion of Africa Month, we are launching a call to entry for the MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF) Academy class of 2023. We are recruiting aspiring African talent – that is, you – to gain theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in cinematography, film editing, audio production and storytelling.
Sixty talented students from 13 African countries will be able to hone their film and television production skills alongside industry greats. This year-long, funded programme will be supported by MultiChoice Talent Factory academies hosted in Kenya, Nigeria and Zambia. In addition, students will create quality local content broadcast on our local M-Net channels on the MultiChoice platform.
To be eligible for Multichoice Talent Factory Film Academy, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must have a qualification from a registered and recognised post-secondary education institution as set out in clause 4.3.5 below; and
- Applicants have experience in the film industry.
- Applicants who qualify must:
- Be between 18-30 years of age;
- be citizens and residents of the countries from which MultiChoice selects them to participate in the MTF Academy initiative, namely Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- be fluent in English in terms of speaking, reading and writing;
- demonstrate a passion for the drama, film, television and entertainment industry during selection interviews; and
- have completed a relevant qualification from an accredited and recognised tertiary education institution in drama, film, television or a related media field within the last two years. The qualification must be obtained only from a post-secondary education institution accredited or recognised by a relevant registered institution
- Scholarships and Admission Process in Finland
- Åbo Akademi Scholarships for international students 2022-2024
- How to apply for Tampere University Scholarships
How-to-Apply: If you are driven, committed to developing your skills and interested in participating in the MTF Academy and meet the eligibility criteria set out in either bullet, then:
- You must register on the MTF Academy website at www.multichoicetalentfactory.com;
- Correctly and fully complete the online application form;
- An online motivation letter; and
- Collate and electronically submit all of the relevant supporting documents listed below:
- Your curriculum vitae; including contactable references
- Certified copy of academic transcripts or certificate from a tertiary institution; and
- You may also be required to provide references or documents that MultiChoice stipulates.
- Your application must be submitted online no later than the Closing Date and Time.
Application Deadline: June 03, 2022
Visit the Official Website for Further Details