Applications for the Australian Government RTP Scholarships at Flinders University are open for 2022. Flinders University is partnering with the Australian Government to provide Research Training Program (AGRTPS) Scholarships, designed to help international students pursue a higher degree through research in Australia.
The AGRTPS includes an international tuition fee offset, a living stipend and Overseas Health Care cover. The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate and up to two years for a Research Master’s degree. Successful applicants must undertake full-time study and be commencing a higher degree by researching in Australia for the first time.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australian Government
Scholarship to be taken at Flinders University, Australia
Scholarship Worth: Full scholarship and living stipend of $28,854 (2022 rate)
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Study Level: Masters & PhD
Nationality: International students
Australian Government RTP Scholarships 2022 | DETAILS
The AGRTPS is awarded to candidates who demonstrate outstanding aptitude for independent research. AGRTPS are based on academic merit, academic research training, indicators, and performance. A limited number (up to 5) of AGRTPS are available each year, and the scholarship round is highly competitive.
- Applicants from any nationality are eligible to apply for the Australian Government RTP Scholarships at Flinders University.
- Applicants must satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters’s degree by research or doctorate.
- Applicants are required to have completed a degree at least the equivalent/comparable to an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language must provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent Higher Degree by research qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a Higher Degree by research in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship. Please see the attached conditions of the award for full eligibility criteria.
- Applicants to commence a full-time Higher Degree by research.
- The AGRTPS pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a Higher Degree by research.
- The AGRTPS includes an international tuition fee offset, a living stipend paid at $28,854 (2022 rate), tax exemption and indexed annually, and Overseas Health Care cover.
- An AGRTPS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, the student can produce provided receipts.
- The scholarships enable suitably qualified applicants to obtain a full-time Higher Degree through research.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants who wish to apply for an AGRTPS and FIPRS, you will need to first submit an application for admission to a Higher Degree by research (PhD or Master of Arts by research) and submit your application for the international scholarships via the Student Information System as advised at the official webpage:
- If you already have a valid offer for admission to a Higher Degree by Research, you do not need to apply for admission again.
- After completing your admission application, you will receive a welcome email to your nominated email address containing your FAN.
- Applicants can get their FAN and activate it at https://activate.flinders.edu.au/main. You need a FAN to log into the student system to lodge your application for the scholarship.
Application Deadline: 05 August 2022
Visit the Official Website for Further Details