Applications are invited from suitably qualified women scientists from science and technology-lagging countries to undertake PhD research in the natural, engineering and information technology sciences.
The Fellowship programme is administered with funds generously provided by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency to contribute to the emergence of a new generation of women leaders in science and technology and promote their effective participation in their countries’ scientific and technological development.
Program Type: Graduate Fellowship
Program Location: Participating Institution in Developing Countries
Program Duration: 4 years
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Masters’s Degree
Nationality: Developing Countries
OWSD PhD Fellowships 2022/23 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the OWSD PhD Fellowships, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be women scientists from science- and technology-lagging countries.
- Applicants must confirm that they intend to return to their home country as soon as possible after completing the fellowship.
- Applicants must have obtained an MSc degree in an eligible study field.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Scholarships and Admission Process in Finland
- Åbo Akademi Scholarships for international students 2022-2024
- How to apply for Tampere University Scholarships
- HEALTH: The Pros and Cons of RO Water Filters
- Water Purification: The Difference Between Deionized and Reverse Osmosis
- Monthly allowance to cover basic living expenses such as accommodation and meals.
- A modest annual support allowance.
- A return ticket from the home country to the host institute.
- Visa expenses.
- Annual medical insurance contribution.
- Opportunity to attend regional science communications workshops.
- Study fees (including tuition and registration fees).
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the OWSD PhD Fellowships 2022 will apply online by the deadline. Applicants are to submit the following supporting documents:
- PhD research proposal outline
- Degree certificates and transcripts.
- Curriculum vitae
- Preliminary acceptance letter
- Letter of commitment
- Reference letters
- Registration and No objection certificate
- Supporting statement from home supervisor
Application Deadline: 15 April 2022
Visit the Official Website for Further Details