Due to the ongoing global pandemic, this year’s AfDB internship will be conducted remotely/virtually. The African Development Bank Group is currently inviting applications and eligible candidates. The internship program is part of a wider Talent Management Framework which facilitates the Bank to deliver on the Ten-Year Strategy and the High 5s.
African Development Bank 2022 Virtual Internship Program will allow students to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank. Also, provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
Company/Organization (s): African Development Bank Group
Program Type: Graduate Internship
Program Location: Africa Regional Member Countries
Program Duration: 3 – 6 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Graduate Students/Recent Graduates
AfDB 2022 Virtual Internship Program | What to Expect
The Bank’s development agenda delivers the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
The Bank will run two (2) internship sessions in 2022. This announcement is for session 1, which will run from March through June 2022. The announcement for session two will be made in April 2022, and session two will run from June through December 2022.
To be eligible for African Development Bank Group Virtual Internship Program, you are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must have attained the age of majority in their country of nationality or origin and be not more than Thirty (30) years old at the time of commencement of the internship program.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a master’s level degree program in a recognized public or private educational institution of higher learning.
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of obtaining such a degree.
- Be nationals of the Member Countries of the African Development Bank.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the degree mentioned above.
- Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Bank’s two working languages (English or French).
- Using the Bank’s standard software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), knowledge of SAP is desirable.
The specific disciplines and specialist professional areas focus will be on the following areas:
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth
- Agriculture, Human & Social Development
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization
- Economics, Statistics
- Governance and Knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Services & Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-Corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
- Environmental and Social Assessment
How-to-Apply: Applicants will only be considered if they submit a complete online application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). Apply Using any of the below options;
Should you encounter technical difficulties submitting your application, please email a detailed description of the issue and a screenshot showing the problem to HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG.
Application Deadline: March 23, 2022
Visit the Official Website for Further Details