Our Master’s level courses are often taught in small groups, enabling close student-teacher interaction. Fluency in English is a prerequisite for all our programmes, and it typically takes two years to complete a Master’s degree. Many of our Master’s degree students stay on board at UEF to continue their studies in our doctoral programmes.
Make a smart move towards the career of your dreams and find a Master’s degree programme that is perfect for you. Your time in Finland will be an experience you will not forget!
Tuition fees and waivers
All new students admitted to international Degree Programmes in 2023 (September intake) who must pay tuition fees are eligible to receive a partial tuition waiver. The tuition waiver is 50–70 % of the annual tuition fee and is granted for four (4) semesters.
A waiver granted based on temporary protection: A student may apply for a tuition fee grant on humanitarian grounds if they are liable to pay the tuition fee and have been accepted into an international bachelor’s or master’s degree programme at the University of Eastern Fin. They arrive in Finland on account requiring temporary protection. The grant is a 100 % tuition fee waiver for the target duration of completing a degree. For more information, please see the Finnish Immigration Service website Finnish Immigration Service.
The Student Register
The student may register as a present for the 2023-2024 academic year. If the student does not receive a decision on being granted temporary protection, they will not be awarded the tuition fee waiver. If the student has paid the tuition fee and is then granted temporary protection, the tuition fee will be refunded to them.
For students, the tuition fee will remain the same throughout the entire time of completing their degrees. The exact tuition fee of the programme can be found below and on the programme’s websites. For Erasmus Mundus programmes, please see the programme’s website.
The Tuition Fee Cover
The tuition fee covers the studies included in the degree (personal study plan), studies-related supervision and counselling, and studies-related supporting services offered by the university. In addition, students are also entitled to the services of the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS). There are separate fees for FSHS and the Student Union. The university assists students in finding accommodation. See also the residence permit requirements and application process from the Finnish Immigration Service website.
Grant an Early Bird Tuition Fee
The University of Eastern Finland will also grant an Early Bird tuition fee deduction of 500 € to students who accept the study place and pay the tuition fees within three weeks of the date the results are published (for Master’s students starting in autumn 2023 by 21.4.2023, for Bachelor’s students the deadline is in June 2023). Early Bird payment can only be made online. This Early Bird deduction does not apply to Erasmus Mundus and joint degree programmes.
Scholarship and Tuition fees and waivers by the programme Department
Bachelor’s degree programmes
- Information Technology, 10 000 €, 70 % new
- Lifelong Learning and Sustainable Development, 10 000 €, 50 %
- Social Sciences, 10 000 €, 50 %
Master’s degree programmes
- Biomedicine (BIOMED), 10 000 €, 70 %
- Biology of Environmental Change, 8 000 €, 70 %
- Early Language Education for Intercultural Communication, 8 000 €, 70 %
- English Language and Culture, 8 000 €, 70 %
- Environmental Health and Technology, 8 000 €, 70 %
- Environmental Policy and Law, 8 000 €, 70 %
- Forestry & Transatlantic Forestry, 8 000 €, 70 %
- Information Technology (IMPIT), 8 000 €, 70 %
- International Business and Sales Management (IBS), 8 000 €, 50 %
- Linguistic Data Sciences, 8 000 €, 70 %
- Materials Technology, 8 000 €, 70 % new
- Medical Physics, 8 000 €, 70 %
- Pedagogy and Teaching for Sustainability, 8 000 €, 70 %
- Photonics, 8 000 €, 70 %
- Public Health, 10 000 €, 70 %
- Research Chemists, 8 000 €, 70 %
- Tourism Marketing and Management, 8 000 €, 50 %
- Toxicology, 10 000 €, 70 %