|Business and Process Analyst
|MultiChoice Africa Holdings (MAH) provides a multi-channel pay-TV and subscriber management services in 49 African countries including Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Nigeria, Tanzania, Zambia, Namibia, Botswana and Mozambique. The company promotes the creation, showcasing and building up of local African talent. As an African business, the organization has brought both social and economic benefits to the communities in which it operates, in terms of access to information and job opportunities.
MultiChoice has a COVID-19 mandatory vaccination policy to ensure a productive and healthy workplace. By submitting your application for employment, you warrant to MultiChoice that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and accept that you will be required to submit your vaccination certificate during the recruitment process. In processing your information, we will comply with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act.
South Africa, Randburg
Senior Manager: Business Optimisation and Process Analysis
Purpose of the role:
Help the businesses to implement solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the
requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners.
Analyse business units by studying the needs, its business model, its business process and data workflows, and its technological systems. Making recommendations to Management that will improve business efficiency. Document business requirements and business processes against best practices and frameworks.
Develop Business and Process COE
- Build business and process analysis frameworks/practices within MAH
- Establish COE for MAH
- Develop and implement repository
- Provide methodology to keep business rules updated at all times
- Define and implement governance framework
- Implement advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data requirements
Develop business concepts, capabilities and organizational structures
- As informed by business strategy – Identify and develop business processes and requirements
- Highlight business rules, data and concepts.
- Provide strategic and operational thinking that enables the group to focus on the big picture
- Develop management and control systems and frameworks to ensure alignment between business capabilities and strategic goals
Conduct Business and Process analysis
- Assess business holistically and development the business architecture
- Develop and validate both current-state and future-state maps with cross-functional teams and/or customers
- Distil large amounts of complex requirements and data from disparate sources, condense, simplify and clearly articulate the information for the purpose of problem solving
- Define a set of KPIs that allow management to measure performance of the business as a whole
- Document business requirements
- Document business processes
- Always challenge the status quo to obtain best outcomes
- Eliciting requirements
- Translating and simplifying requirements
- Requirements management and communication
- Prioritize requirements and create conceptual prototypes and mock-ups
- Apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving
- Researching possible software solutions to increase work efficiency
Develop business data
- Define business data architecture
- Continuously refine data architecture
- Cleary map data flows (current and future)
Build Capability for business and process analysis
- Provide the bridging between business strategy, enterprise architecture and business processes (implemented through systems, people and their individual job functions
- Teach internal teams and countries on frameworks and capabilities
- Provide services to internal teams and country / regional MAH businesses
Run improvement programmes and business cases
- Prioritize and drive programmes
- Implement and develop business cases to motivate imitative
- Develop financial models to define business cases and track ROI
- Build Capability within Region and Countries for Design and analysis
- Develop and drive competency framework
- Ensure assessments are conduct across MAH
Qualifications & Experience
- BCom Degree or equivalent qualification
- Business and process analysis certification
- Customer Experience knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Business and Process Analysis
- Experience with working with African markets would be an advantage
- MultiChoice Product / Service knowledge an advantage
- Excellent understanding of business and process design principles and methodologies and proven track record
- Good overall experience in all areas of the MAH Business would be an advantage
- Business Analysis and Requirements Documentation
- Process and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Design, Development & Reengineering
- Use of leading practices Business Analysis tools and methodologies
- Strong Analytical Skill (including use of MS Excel for data analysis)
- Strong Communication Skills
- Presentation Skills (including development of MS PowerPoint documents)
- Report writing for all audiences including Snr Management & Exco
- Relationship Building
- Deadline Driven
- Strong Coordination Skills
- Strong Written Skills
- Conflict Management
- Strong self-motivation and a demonstrated self-starter.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to proactively communicate to a diverse range of individuals with a variety of different personality types.
- Desire to work on cutting edge technologies in the broadcasting/media space.
- Willingness to develop self continuously.
- Positive attitude with the mindset of continuously improving.
- Professional maturity & integrity.
- Quantitative skills and an analytical mind.
- Quick learner who is comfortable with constant change.
- Open to receiving and giving honest objective critiques.
- Excellent elicitation and listening skills.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.