Women Data Analyst
Location: This can be fully flexible. However, you may be required to commute to Wimbledon (UK) for occasional visits.
Contract Type: Permanent, full time
Domestic & General is a company with an ambitious future. We are expanding our horizons and entering new markets, and we need your expertise to help make it happen. We are an international company that works with some of the world’s most respected and well-known domestic appliances and electronic consumer goods brands. These opportunities don’t come around often, so this position will not be missed.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst to join the Analytics team here at Domestic & General. Reporting to the Analytics Manager, you will play a vital role in providing a holistic view of the customer’s lifecycle at D&G to drive effective decisions within the business.
The Analytics Team is currently supporting business strategy, focusing on customer experience. We have been utilising different data sources from around the business, using them in new ways to generate insight into customer behaviour and identify opportunities to improve their experience.
The right candidate should be used to working in a fast-paced, agile team environment and can deliver against tight and changing deadlines and priorities. You will also be a motivated, curious, and analytically minded person who enjoys driving positive change using data.
Key role responsibilities:
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, working closely to understand business problems.
- Manage projects with the support of the Analytics Manager from start to finish to achieve the business objectives across both customer and claims data.
- Use analysis to develop actionable insight and communicate in a way that will influence key stakeholders from across the business.
- Be a motivated and curious analyst who finds business value from data
Skills and experience required:
- Degree level in a STEM / logical subject
- Proven record of producing actionable analysis.
- Previous experience in utilising statistical techniques to drive recommendations.
- Proficient in various programming and statistical tools, e.g. R and Python.
- Systems knowledge of SQL, and Microsoft Excel, with experience in data visualisation skills such as Power Bi/Tableau.
- Understanding and the ability to actively implement statistical tests and analyses.
- Ability to explain complex analysis to non-technical colleagues clearly and with authority.
- Excellent experience in data wrangling.
- High level of numerical accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Strong stakeholder management.
- Innovative and pragmatic problem solver.
- Self-motivated and confident, with a results-orientated mindset and strong delivery skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Skills and experience desired:
- Has a warranty or Insurance background.
- History of working in fast-paced, agile teams.
- Experience with AWS would be advantageous.
We offer lots of great benefits! Some of which include:
- Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays, as well as an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression
- Health cash plan – employer-funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. The cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Life assurance – an employer-funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefits portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing, and support services:
- Salary Finance – access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing – access to a carbon-neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charges, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand-new vehicles
- Travel Loans – interest-free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work – tax-efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing – discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- Employee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness, and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan – one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts – access to discounted Sky TV and broadband packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
Domestic & General are equal opportunities employers, which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes criminal record checks.