Are you looking to start a new life in Australia and become a permanent resident? If so, you’ll need to know all about the point system and eligibility criteria for applying for Australia PR. Australia is a popular destination for immigrants due to its high standard of living, affordable education, and excellent healthcare.
Applying for permanent residency in Australia can be a complex process, but you can easily navigate the process with proper guidance and understanding of the point system and eligibility criteria. Here’s a beginner’s guide to applying for Australia PR that covers all the essential information you need to know:
Understanding the Point System
The Australian PR visa is granted based on a point system. Applicants are assessed based on age, work experience, educational qualifications, language proficiency, and other criteria.
To be eligible for a PR visa, you’ll need to score at least 65 points on the point-based system. Here’s a breakdown of the point system:
- Age: 15-24 years (25 points), 25-32 years (30 points), 33-39 years (25 points), 40-44 years (15 points).
- Language Proficiency: You can score up to 20 points based on your English language skills. You’ll need to prove your proficiency through a recognized English language test such as IELTS. Education Qualifications: You can score up to 20 points based on your qualifications.
- You must have completed a recognized qualification from an accredited institution. Work Experience: You can score up to 20 points based on your work experience.
- You must have at least three years of work experience in a skilled occupation. Other factors such as spouse skills, Australian study, and regional study can also contribute to your score.
To be eligible for Australia PR, you must meet the following criteria:
Skilled Occupation: You must be on the Australian skilled occupation list (SOL). Age: You must be under 45 to apply for PR. Language Proficiency:
You must have proficient English language skills (IELTS score of 6 in each band).
Skills Assessment: You must have your skills assessed by a recognized Australian assessing authority. Health and Character: You must meet the health and character requirements set by the Australian government.
The Application Process
The application process for Australia PR involves the following steps:
1. Check Eligibility: Before applying for PR, you must check your eligibility based on the abovementioned factors.
2. Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI): You must submit an EOI through the Department of Home Affairs. The EOI will give you an indication of your chances of getting an invitation to apply for PR.
3. Receive an Invitation: If you meet the eligibility criteria, you’ll receive an invitation to apply for PR.
4. Submit the PR Application: After receiving an invitation, you’ll need to submit your PR application and all the necessary documents.
5. Wait for the Decision: The processing time for Australia PR varies depending on the type of PR visa you apply for. You’ll need to wait for the decision from the Australian government.
In conclusion, applying for Australia PR can be a life-changing decision. With proper guidance and understanding of the point system and eligibility criteria, you can easily navigate the process and achieve your dream of becoming a permanent resident in Australia.