Bachelor of Health Care Nursing Centria University of Applied Sciences educates qualified nurses who care for patients, support them and maintain rehabilitation for people of various ages. Our objective is to train nurses who can work in Finland and international positions worldwide.
Degree: Bachelor of Health Care Nursing
Study type: Full-time
Duration: 3,5 years, 210 credits
Campus: Talonpojankatu 2, Kokkola
Application period opens: 15.08.2022
The application period closes: on 28.08.2022 at 15:00
Studies start in autumn 2022
Teaching language: English
Students pay tuition fees based on their study right, NOT on the amount of gained credits or enrolments to courses. If a person is a student of Centria UAS enrolled as a present, they are obliged to pay tuition fees.
- Students can enrol for as many courses as they wish, and the tuition fees stay unchanged
- Students can gain an unlimited amount of credits per semester, and the tuition fees stay unchanged
- Student who decides NOT to participate in the education anyhow (no enrolments for courses, no credits gained) will still be charged the tuition fees since the fees are based on the study right
There are no tuition fees for those students who
- have started their studies before 1 August 2017
- are citizens of EU/EEA/Switzerland
- have an EU Blue Card
- have a continuous residence permit card in Finland, Type A permit (NB: A continuous residence permit (A-type permit) granted for studying in Finland (from 15 April 2022 onwards) doesn’t exempt you from paying the tuition fee)
- have a permanent residence permit card in Finland, Type P permit
- have an EU residence permit for third-country citizens with a long-term residence permit card in Finland (Type P-EU)
- have an EU Family Member’s Residence Card in Finland
More information on tuition fees and who is obliged to pay them can be found on Studyinfo. Fi site and accessed by using the link below:
Tuition fees and scholarships for 2022/2023
Centria UAS offers a scholarship programme for students who are subject to paying tuition fees. (Applicable tuition fee must be paid in full according to instructions, no instalments possible)
Early bird discount
Student gets an early bird discount of 1500 € of the first year’s tuition fee if the study place is accepted and the tuition fee is paid within two weeks after the notification. The discount will be reduced from the first year’s payment. Detailed instructions on how to pay the tuition fee will be sent along with an acceptance letter. Please notice that applicants admitted for a Master’s degree are not entitled to an early bird discount.
Tuition fees and scholarships for students continuing their studies
Tuition fees for the second academic year are paid in halves. The first invoice to cover expenses for the fall semester studies will always be sent out in the spring semester (May). The second invoice will be sent out in the following fall semester (November). However, the second half of the tuition fees can be avoided if the student qualifies for a scholarship. The scholarship application is sent to our students every fall via email during September/October.
Centria UAS offers a 50 % scholarship as a waiver to all students who usually complete 55 ECTS (study credits) in the previous academic year. Exceptionally in 2021 and 2022, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the credit requirements for granting scholarships have been lowered to 45 ECTS.
If a student applies and qualifies for the scholarship, they will not be sent an invoice in the fall semester (November).
Leave a Reply