Students from Africa, Asia, and Latin America who are interested in development concerns and passionate about furthering their education are encouraged to apply to study in Austria during the school year 2022/23.
The One-World Scholarship Programme is directed at students from developing countries at universities in Salzburg or Tyrol. It is meant to contribute to the peaceful coexistence of people from different countries of origin by enhancing equal opportunities, dialogue, intercultural know-how and partnership. The next call for applications will open on 1 June 2022.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Land Salzburg, Land Tirol, Universitat Salzburg, FH Salzburg, Sei so Frei-Entwicklungspolitische Aktion der KMB Salzburg, Erzabtei St. Peter.
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
Host Institution(s): Universities in Salzburg or Tyrol
Scholarship Worth: Not stated
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters and PhD)
Nationality: Developing Countries
One World Scholarship Programme 2022 | DETAILS
The scholarship aims to support students from developing countries seeking master’s and doctoral opportunities at public universities or universities of applied sciences in the regions of Salzburg and Tyrol with a partial scholarship. Students at the Master’s level receive 500 € per month and at the PhD level 550 € during the semester.
The maximum duration is the prescribed duration of the curriculum plus one semester. The OWS is conceived as a comprehensive programme comprising scholarships and special study expenses, extracurricular training, and follow-up contacts.
To be considered for the One World Scholarship in Austria, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Nationality of a non-European developing country (country list)
- Show interest in the development and according to specialization in studies
- Demonstrate financial need
- admission to a Master’s or PhD programme at a university or university of applied sciences in Salzburg or Tyrol (Uni Salzburg, Uni Innsbruck, FH Salzburg, MCI, FH Kufstein)
- for PhD students: approved disposition
- age limit: Master studies max. Thirty years (mothers: 35 years), PhD studies max. 35 years (mothers: 40 years) at the time of application
- residence permit “student.”
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the One World Scholarship in Austria are to send application documents to email@example.com by E-Mail or using a free data transfer (transfer). After reviewing the application, applicants will be invited for an online interview.
- curriculum vitae
- letter of motivation
- residence permit (or at least visa if not yet in Austria)
- account statement covering the past three months
- certificate of admission and confirmation of enrolment
- examinations are taken, and the results of current studies
For Master students:
- Bachelor’s diploma + translation (if original is in a language other than English, French or Spanish)
- abstract of Bachelor thesis
For PhD students:
- Master’s diploma + translation (if original is in a language other than English, French or Spanish)
- abstract of Master thesis
- opinion of an academic supervisor
- a detailed description of the research project and its contribution to the development of practice or discourse
Application Deadline: 31 July 2022
Visit the Official Website for Further Details
Leave a Reply