Are you a developing nation scientist who has made significant contributions to science? Then apply for the TWAS-Lenovo Science Award for Developing Countries to help individual scientists gain international recognition and publicity for their achievements.
The TWAS-Lenovo Science Award is one onamonghe the most prestigious honours given to scientists from the developing world, with a monetary award of USD 100,000 provided by Lenovo, as well as a medal and a certificate highlighting the recipient’s major contributions to science.
TWAS-Lenovo Science Award | DETAILS
The rapid growth Lenovo has experienced in emerging markets has prompted the company to partner with TWAS to launch a high-level prize to give international recognition to individual scientists from the developing world for their scientific achievements. The 2022 award will be given to an individual in recognition of the engineering achievements in social and economic sciences that have a direct impact on crosscutting SDGs and intersectionality, including but not limited to:
- Poverty and hunger reduction (including food and nutrition security).
- Inequalities (including gender inequities and gender violence).
- Quality education (including inclusive education and teacher education).
- Health (including mental health, well-being and pandemics)
- Climate change (including adaptation/resilience and climate financing)
- Clean energy and safe drinking water.
To be eligible for the TWAS-Lenovo Science Award 2022, interested applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be nationals of a developing country, living and working in the Global South for at least the last ten years.
- Individuals must have achieved outstanding scientific research in social and economic sciences of outstanding international merit carried out at institutions in developing countries.
How-to-Apply: Candidates can only be nominated by eligible TWAS members, selected individuals, syndrome science academies, national research councils, universities and scientific institutions. Nominations of women scientists are particularly encouraged.
The TWAS-Lenovo Science Award 2022 nominations can only be submitted electronically through the ononlinelatform.
A nomination is considered complete only if it includes all of the following information/material:
- Nominator contact details
- Nominee contact details (self-nominations are not accepted) and general information of the nominee, including the country where they have been working and living in the past ten years
- Brief suggested citation (no more than 20 words) highlighting the nominee’s outstanding scientific achievement in Social and Economic Sciences.
- Supporting statement of about 200 words summarising the scientific achievements of the nominee
- 5-6 page narrative write-up of the candidate highlighting scientific achievements
- Information on PhD (degree, year, awarding institution)
- Information of any time spent abroad in the past ten years
- The nominee’s brief CV and hetheiromplete list of publications will also be uploaded on the online platform.
- A list of no of their most significant publications.
- Information on previous awards, honours, and cognition received by the nominee
- Google Scholar h-index and number of citations
- Authorization from the nominee to process hitheirersonal data for this/nomination, conforming to Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003. This auauthorisationan only be submitted through the online platform.
Application Deadline: 18 May 2022
Visit the Official Website for Further Details
Leave a Reply